Denouncing theories of superhuman acts of athleticism, and people just saying stupid shit.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hello...

So, here I am writing my first ever entry on my first ever blog. I have been reading blogs for a few years now, and was always interested in the process. I also wanted to become a blogger, but could never think of a topic to write about that was interesting. I mean, lets be serious, no one cares about my personal life or the countless lame details that go along with that topic.

My buddy and I decided to start this blog to speak about our interests. We basically started this thing for our own selfish reasons, mainly to have a place to vent our opinions on certain subjects (more on those in a bit) and laugh about them. However we would certainly welcome anyone who agreed with the little things we have to say, and welcome even more people who disagreed with the things we had to say and felt the need to email us and tell us how stupid we are for having such opinions.

Now that we have taken care of why this blog exists, lets get down to what we will be writing about. My buddy and I are pretty passionate sports fans, passionate meaning our moods will change depending on the finish of a professional athletic contest. I don't equate "passion" to how many games you attend live or how much lame crap you have with your favorite team's logo on it. I believe a passionate fan becomes happy when his team wins, and pissed off when his team loses, plain and simple. The majority of the posts on this blog will probably center around baseball, as it is my buddy and I's favorite sport, with the other 3 "major" sports all a good distance behind. For whatever it is worth, we are both Mets fans, and root for them "passionately."

That being said, since we follow the Mets closely, we also read alot about them in the newspapers, and hear alot about them on sports talk radio, and watch alot about them on ESPN and all of it's ripoffs. Now this is not a Mets blog by any means, we don't discriminate when talking sports. We are here to examine all of the stupid, ridiculous things that people say about sports. The amount of subjective, misinformed dreck that comes from people's mouths and word processors about sports in general is truly mind-blowing. Newspaper writers submit "articles" that somehow make it past editors which contain no facts, just lines and lines about old-timey mystic crap that can never be proven or verified. Words like "clutch", "swagger" and "gamer" are considered four-letter words by my buddy and I; and will always drive us crazy.

Real quick, we just want to take the time here to say that this blog would never exist if it wasn't for another blog. That blog is firejoemorgan.com. Gentlemen who write for that blog are far more witty than I could ever hope to be, and if our blog at all emulates their style, that is only because we admire them as writers and sports fans and human beings who are not idiots.

So, while FJM focuses (but doesn't limit itself to) written articles, my buddy and I will probably focus more on radio/television with a smattering of journalism. We will point out how retarded these "professionals" are, and also take the time our to ridicule callers to our local, beloved sports talk radio station WFAN 660 in New York. It should be good fun for all. I don't know how much we'll post, but trust me, we have alot to say, and hopefully you'll laugh along with us; or at the very least read us.

Those who have ever read Bill Plashcke from the LA Times, or Kevin Kernan or Steve Serby from the NY Post, or Dan Shughnessey from the Boston Something can certainly agree that these morons will oftentimes try to create something out of nothing. They may do this to sell papers, or they may do this because they are stubborn, brain damaged idiots. We will certainly give them their due, as well as Tim McCarver, Mike Francesa, Joe Beningno, TJ Simers, Michael Smith, Mike Wilbon, and anyone else who is paid to bring informed opinions to you the public, but instead go about fulfilling their own agenda through retarded double speak or just out and out thick headedness. (People who aren't paid professionals, well, we'll make fun of them too.)

So that's it in a nutshell. Game 4 of the series is on now so I'll be off to not only watch the game, but laugh at what a moron Tim McCarver is, and get aggravated at what a douchebag Joe Buck can be. Cheers to all, and hope you enjoy what we have to say.

~Jean-Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment